Thursday, December 17, 2009

Washington DC:Introduction for Bluesman

First of all , I'd like to introduce myself . My name is Geraldo , AKA Bluesman , and I will be handling the D.C. area Blues scene here every Friday .

My plans for this great site are as follows , but not limited to : Reviews of D.C. area music venues , Concert reviews , CD reviews , Interviews and much more . D.C. is a hotbed for the Blues , and generally a person can see a top Blues entertainer in a small but NICE venue without having to brave the big crowds .




Some of the Blues clubs in the DC area that will be reviewed here are Blues Alley , The 9:30 Club , Madam's Organ Blues Bar , The Zoo Bar and many others . Some of these venues also go with Rock and Jazz but some are strictly the Blues . My goal is to help get the word out about the Blues life DC has to offer . When you're ready to listen to some Blues , come HERE and find the best places available in the area .




Reviews of shows like Joe Bonamassa , Michael Burks , ANA Popovic , Jason Ricci , Joe Perry Project , Candye Kane and so many others will be found here as well . Where are they playing , how much is the admission , is there a dress code , how to get tickets etc : I will do my best to answer these questions for you in my posts .

I chose the picture above for this post for two reasons : (1) I took the picture (2) This is one of my favorite entertainers in the world today . For those of you who may not know who she is , her name is ANA Popovic . She has the rare ability to electrify a crowd with her stage presence and her amazing mastery of the Fender guitar . Her name will pop into many of my postings and her music / shows will often be featured here , along with all the other greats of the Blues world , especially those frequenting our area nightclubs and Blues festivals .

I'm hoping to see all the D.C. area Blues people here to get all the latest Blues updates in the area . I also cover the local talent here and not just the legends , so if you know of a local Blues act (DC area) who deserves a bit of attention , please feel free to let me know the details . I can not guarantee the acts reviews will make it to this site but I will do my best to consider all requests .


Thanks everyone for reading on , and please make this your place to get all the latest Blues scoops in the Nation's Capital !



Bluesman











No comments:

Post a Comment